Saturday, August 2, 2008

BLOG CAMP KERALA



Blogging these days is much more than a tool for communication for many, its a way of expression, a freedom of sharing thoughts across cultures, an open communication channel, it has been more than a medium, it has been changing lives for those relying on it for opinion, expression and entertainment.

BlogCamp Kerala is an event conceived by a group of volunteer bloggers who want to meet up and share ideas and have casual discussions about blogging, internet, technology and more.

The main essence of the Blog Camp Kerala is “Unconference”. Blogging for the most of us is a passion first and a profession next. We celebrate unconferences in its best, thanks to its power of active participation, and its wholesome fun.

www.blogcampkerala.com





For me blogging was just a past time. I have never taken it seriously. That is all past. It was last Thursday that I saw the above given news. It really changed my attitude towards blogging. Just the fact that there are so many bloggers in Kerala made me rethink. Did I forget to tell? I am going to take part in the above event. Its a great honor. Especially for a rookie like me. Getting the chance to meet so many professional bloggers and interacting with them, especially in a house boat of which even the photos left me speechless, is the best offer any junior blogger can get. And there is another fact that this all comes free. This further cements the fact that all good things comes free, like linux. Will post more after the event is over.

3 comments:

DD said...

really excited to get there and know more about the bloggers and future of blogging in kerala...

г๏ђเt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
г๏ђเt said...

Hey alex....
we have seen each other.I am also a gecian.Name is Rohit, S3 ECE.I must say ur blogs are much informative.I heard about your blogs from vipin(Vipin V Johney),though it was from the compsciz community in orkut that i got the urls.And i particularly liked the linux blog.waiting to hear more about this blog camp.I am near kaveri.I know you are now at Chandraville and though i came there and we met, i must say we didn't talk.I was quite fascinated by your typing skills in malayalam then.Anyway now i understand why CSians say vista sucks;u just hate windows,don't you? :)

hey....it doesn't mean i am a fan/supporter of Windows either.

Good Luck with your open source publicity programmes.

And by the way,I wouldn't be writing this comment if i weren't intrigued by your openness in that linux blog.Good Luck to you and your friends.